Summary | Design | Ask a question | FAQ
Power and signal isolation for I²C and UART buses.
- Provides galvanic isolation needed for EC, pH and ORP probes
- 3.0 to 5.5 volt input
- Isolated, regulated 3.3 volt output, 66-100 mW power output
- Suitable for I²C and UART buses.
- Can be fully shut-down, reducing current to nearly 0 mA
Adding a module to your own design is straightforward. You'll need:
- bus connection from the controlling device
- 3.0 to 5.5 volt power supply
- bus connection to the sensing module
Some resources to get started:
🤙 Ask a question
Do I need isolation?
The longer answer: You probably do. Cases where you definately will need isolation include using another EC, pH or ORP probe and when other electrical elements are in the tank (pumps, heaters, contact mixers). You may not need it in a small beaker with nothing else in it.
Isolation through Microfire devices also provides a stable power supply which is vital for accurate measurements, so even if you feel like isolation isn't needed, it may be a better choice to use it for the stability, and you also gain isolation for some unplanned for use-case that would require isolation.